Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Life Ain't Bad

You know, there was a point in our lives where it seemed like nothing could go our way: our daughter was born incredibly premature and both she and Erin nearly died in the process; we lost two babies in miscarriages; my grandmother died; my father was dignosed with and died from melanoma cancer; my uncle died; my good friend, Mark Auer, died; another uncle died; my truck was stolen; our son was born incredibly premature and both he and Erin nearly died in the process; and I basically had a nervous break-down and left my job. We withdrew. We held onto each other and pushed everyone else away. My spiritual life was essentially dead.

Cut to the present: I have a beautiful wife with whom I am desparately in love; we have two beautiful and healthy children; Erin and I each have small businesses that, if not making us wealthy, at least pay the bills; and my spiritual relationship with my Lord, while not what it should be, is much better.

Isn't it funny how, in such a short span of time, things can change so very much. I am not wealthy. Except to my family, I am not terribly important or influential. I hold no patents. I'm not on any boards or councils. But, I am content with my life. Sure, I strive to be more and better. But, where I am now is okay.

God, thank You for the many blessings You've given me. Hold me when I'm weak and use me as an instrument of Your love when someone else is weak.

No comments: